Monday, April 10, 2017

Employment - Ouch!

A retrospective.

In the last 10 years I have had 4 different jobs. in the last 20 years I've had 6 different jobs. My longest stretch was 7 years. Fortunately my frugal ways have left me in a position of okay financial holding. Yet I struggle to keep what I have earned. It's amazing to think that if your not of the crowd, you're the first one out. I'm not a coffee drinker, nor do I smoke, nor do I gather socially with co-workers often enough to care about their lives. So when layoff and cuts come by, I'm the first to go. I rarely greet managers as they are to busy to recognize my efforts. When I do, they look at me as if I should be working and they have no time for me. I don't do drugs so if your management team is on the take, getting a piece of the financial action from drug activities at work, I lose my job for calling the police. I often do that sort of thing. It is any wonder how you can build a healthy work place relationship with co-workers if everyone wants to wreck or corrupt you, blame you for things not of my doing. Not my gig.

People often ask me why I don't do (Insert action/activity or work Here). My reply is often the same - "If you want me to act like an adult, Employers need to pay me like one. I don't do what other people do because I don't have the tolerance to risk my financial well being on the nonsense everyone else partakes in. My view of the world is pretty lean, green and peaceful. I don't like all the regulation,rules,policies over the common person. I don't like the control all levels of government tries to place on me. So I don't participate in many of the things government tries to regulate. I do what I want, when I want and how I want. That is a prerogative of being an adult.

Truth be told, in the broadest sense of a statement I can offer; I don't want to be part of your world. You have to be part of mine. If you can't do that or be that, then I can't force you to. However, don't chastise me for my choice. A choice I make based on the limited opportunities employers and government force upon me. I survive as best I can with what I have. That is not much. If you know me, then you know that is true.

I would love to explore your world and learn more about it. Though you must know I'm very content with how I do things. If monetary rewards don't follow me than I can't be what you expect. I can only be me as I am, now and forever.

~ Enjoy.

No comments: