Saturday, July 02, 2016

Up The Creek - Literally

Out on the water and traveling towards the feeding river. Things were clear that water levels were low. Boat partners scouted ahead to see if the river becomes deeper leaving me to haul the beast by my self. Literally up the creek. Story of my life. Doing it myself the hard way. It would not be an adventure if a I did not sweat in the sun. Sun burn on the flesh kind of hurts today as well. Only a solitary deer - A young buck stayed to watch me labor on. I said to myself, if the boat buddies don't return. I'm eating the young buck. Luck for the animal they did return. The news was the river was shallow and not any deeper up ahead. No other option but to turn back as tornado warnings were issued and dark clouds loomed over head. I always get myself in these situations.
At least the view was good. ~ Enjoy!

No comments: