Monday, October 01, 2012

current work...

I've been digging into the whole web design thing again. For those of you that don't know, I design in a variety of mediums. My focus is print but I have been pulled into web work at least 40 times in the last 10 years. I am the first to admit that the web is not my first love or my best working medium. There are to many tools to choose from to get the same result. Also add to that challenge is the programmers tend to dictate the final result or output. Not my Pride and joy because of that. I'm pretty pleased to announce that I was given a web challenge recently that I enjoyed. It was the new site for http://writesigns.com/ The goal was content. Not written but visual. To demonstrate the skill of a company using visuals more then text. Telling a company story with pictures is more of a challenge then one could believe. I was pretty successful though. Many people have commented that they have a hard time getting off the first page because it offers so much to look at and then you want to see more. That is a huge compliment. The most important thing is that the site owner loved the site too.

No comments: