Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A bit of published work...

I had to do a ton of research and squeeze this work under the deadline. The story is great and coming up with a visual interpretation was a challenge. I think I nailed it. If there was more time I would have explored the steam lamps a bit more as they seemed like a really awesome concept to the story and the world as a whole. I was impressed with my rendition as I tried to capture the effect of a lighthouse in fog where light radiates only a short distance from the steam vapors. The characters are also pretty complex in their look. If this was to be a feature film a few hundred drawings or paintings would have been made for each character. let alone the number I pushed out in 20+ hours in this piece... here is the post I received... Enjoy!

As part of our effort to bring the community of writers and readers closer together, we will begin sending out a newsletter to keep everyone informed of updates and changes to the website, new publications, and contributor successes. Today I would like to announce that NewMyths' 15th quarterly issue is ready for you to view featuring wonderful original artwork from Richard Grzela based on the short story Meridian by Tony Peak, read it here....

No comments: