Tuesday, January 04, 2011



My boys like to art away as a hobby and fill in the commercial gaps when they are watching their Cartoons. Yes I watch them too. I thought I would share a few of the creations my young ones are doing when I'm not watching, or off to a bathroom break or just trying to stay awake but can't and blink for ten minutes.

A mixed media - Notice the brilliant use of a gray malleable eraser for the head with poked holes for monster eyes, and the torn paper arms and penciled mouth joined with scotch tape because it is almost invisible. Yes my youngest did that. It is better than any mixed media piece I ever pulled off. I'm more then 30 years his senior too.

The second was a wood panel painting done by two little ones. The board was going to be a removable wall panel until my youngest had designs of their own. Now we have a beautiful painting on a wooden panel.

No comments: