Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Rejection = hope

I recently have been trying to reconnect with several big hitters and received this nice rejection. I totally forgot that I sent something to Wizards of the Coast. It wasn't until this came to my in box that I clued into yet another avenue of work might be getting wider.

Here was the nice letter....

Hi Richard

Thank you for submitting samples of your work to the art directors at Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc.

I receive quality portfolios every day and the number of artists to whom we assign work is limited. If your work is suitable for a particular project, an art director from one of our product lines may contact you regarding a specific assignment.

Due to the number of inquiries received, I regret that I am not able to speak with you personally at this initial portfolio review. Submissions are kept on file for future reference and are reviewed as the need arises.

Thank you for your interest in Wizards of the Coast.

No comments: